STRAVA

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fun times in Chatty...

Things are going well down here in the dirty south.

I finished my training at Hennen's. This week I have been on my own and earning money...YEAH! Like I mentioned before, the food really sells itself. I think management likes me and believes I can do what I set out to do. The computer is getting easier and the staff has been really helpful and answering all my questions. :) I think I am really going to like it there. So next time y'all come for a visit, come in for a bite to eat and have a drink.


I joined The Rush (it is a workout facility here in the Chatt area). They have a pool, treadmills, stationary bikes, yoga/Pilate's classes, free weights, and weight machines. Very cool place. Not too expensive.
Andy had his "true" open house at the Trek store last night. They opened in November (the day after Thanksgiving), but this was their true "Hi Y'all!" to Chattanooga this spring. All the reps Tyler, Mike, and Andy use were there with a ton of schwag! There was beer, wine, and catered food. I was amazed how many people showed up. It was a great night. I think the community has noticed what a great job these guys have done in a short period of time. I am really proud of Andy. Congrats babe. ;-)

Now that I have a) a job b) a place to workout on a regular basis and c) a small group of friends (thanks to Andy) I feel like I actually live here. It just struck me that I actually moved. I am not living in Bloomington IL anymore. Wow. It really happened. I have started a new life in a new city. Crazy.

I miss the ability to see my friends and family in IL, but I think that is the only thing. I thought I would have been terribly homesick, but I am not. Sure I miss my friends and family, like I said before, but I am really happy here in Tennessee. I feel like I am home. It is a good feeling. I don't know what else to say...

Happy trails all.

Heather

No comments: