Things are starting to get back to normal...I think.
For pretty much all of 2010, I have been thinking only about babies babies babies. It started in January when we decided to "try" to have a baby. It is so strange to switch from years and years of birth control to then throw it all out the window and "try" make a person. A person whom you will be responsible for, love, care about, and will depend upon you. BIG.
In less than a year I have gone from wishing and hoping to be a mother to actually being in the process of becoming one. Some days I sit back and really think about it and it blows my mind. In a good way, but still mind blowing.
Now that we know the baby is healthy, on-target, and a girl I am becoming more relaxed. I have forgotten when my next appointment is (it is written down), I forget what week I am (I have that written down too), & I have no clue what size fruit the baby is this week (yup. written down). I don't think it is the dreaded preggo forgetfulness. (Although I am losing stuff intermittently) I think I am embracing all that comes with pregnancy, and eventually motherhood. Before, I was embracing, but I think I was so worried things were going well I couldn't enjoy or relax.
A couple "update" things that I just looked up for blogging purposes:
- I just finished my 21st week (half way there!)
- I have gained 9 lbs.
- I am feeling really good
- Baby girl is moving A LOT! (punches, kicks, rolls)
- She is roughly the length of a carrot/banana
- I still love Skittles and now have discovered I really like root beer.
- I have a lot of energy. Still swimming, biking (on the trainer), doing yoga, and walking.
- My next doctor's appointment is September 3rd
- I am beginning to enjoy the quite time in the house (heard that doesn't last long ;-))
- Everyone said it was weird we were having a girl b/c she has not "stolen" my beauty. Not sure what that means, but I have really clear skin, no strange hair growth, and I am not retaining a lot of water.
- My belly is pink every once in awhile. I have been using coco-butter lotion everyday, so I am not too concerned-just strange. It reminds me of poor Milhouse on the Simpson's. (hehe)
- Baby girl moving around in her home is sometimes really freaky.
- Dan Johnson (my Uncle-first IM) =) #2194
- Dennis Killian #2050
- Rebecca Franks #2637
- Mark Temple #1845
- Damon Dusin #766
- Brad Kitzerow #269
- Andy Sweet #422
- Chris Daniels #1530
- Ryan Case #341
- Flip Hartman #1685
- Drew Hartman #1198
- Mike Donahue #1665
- Margaret Watson #2259