STRAVA

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sweet Soddy Acres

We have a winner! "Sweet Soddy Acres" has won!

More good news...I am composing this blog from our home! We have internet access. The Dish Network installer didn't come on Friday. We had to reschedule for today (Sunday). Ugh. I had to miss Andy's mountain bike race to sit here while the dish installer hooked us up. Oh well. We are on-line and the kitchen is clean and the laundry is done :) Not too bad for a Sunday.

All in all, Andy and I have had a productive week. Between working and finishing putting the house away, we have actually gotten some workouts in this week! I signed up for the Waterfront Olympic distance triathlon here in Chattanooga on July 12th. Andy's cousin Jacqueline asked me to be the swimmer for a 3 person team she is running on for the triathlon as well! Hopefully, my minuscule swim workouts will get me out of the water in a decent time. This is the first time I am going to be the swimmer on a relay team and also competing individually. Hopefully, I remember to pass along the right timing chip ;-) Andy and I did a 60 mile ride up Flat Top Mountain, down into Dunlap, TN and up Mobray Mountain. Over 3100 ft. of climbing! Since I am doing a tri soon, I wanted to do it on my tri-bike. Poor Zoë (yes, I named my tri-bike) has not been on the road since IM Florida! This was a big ride for us. Especially since I had my "flat land" gears still on her from Florida. In the end, I was pretty happy with it all. My power was where it was at the end of the season for time trialing and I had a huge confidence boost because I did better on both climbs than I did on my road bike 2 months ago. I did a 5k race a couple weeks ago and got 3rd in my age group. Since the short distance is not my forte, I was shocked and really happy. I don't have any big races planned yet. For sure I am doing the Olympic tri on July 12th and then a super sprint tri also here in Chattanooga at the end of August. I am thinking maybe a half marathon in the fall, but I am not sure. Right now, I am just so happy I am feeling like an athlete again and have my biker tan back. ha ha ha.

We are expecting some visitors from Illinois in the next couple weeks... Chris, Cara, and Jonah are coming for a visit! They are going to be with us from July 21-27. I am so looking forward to seeing them. It has been so long since Andy has seen his brother, sister-in-law, and nephew. It will be almost 9 months since they have seen each other. I am really excited to show off our town to them. :) My sister Heidi is planning a visit with us in September over Labor Day weekend. That will be a treat too! So if you want to come down, just let us know... Sweet Soddy Acres will be "open."

Well, I guess that is it for now. In the next couple weeks, we are going to post pictures. I promise! We are so excited about our house and property, we want to show it off to ya'll. Take care and catch you later, Heather

No comments: