STRAVA

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Excuses excuses excuses...

I know I have been really positive about all the fun things we are doing down here, but truth be told I have not been doing what I said I was going to do...

The "plan," back in December, was to be in the best shape of my life going into Memphis in May. To PR at the Olympic distance tri and "go out" on top. Not that I am quitting tris, just thinking about starting a family in the distant future...I will go into that in more detail later. ;-) Anyway, with moving, starting a new job, and all the new obstacles that go along with moving to a new state...I have done less training than EVER. Ugh. I am so depressed.

I was all set (in my mind) to do this sprint triathlon today. Really, I was as of last Wednesday. I thought, ok I am not in the best shape, but it it only a sprint. I can pull that out of my arse any day, right? Then I got to thinking. Ugh. The race was $65. Andy and I have not renewed our USAT memberships, so it would have been an additional $35 to get that up to date. Then I realized that when I packed up all our stuff in February, my racing flats were garbage and I threw them out. Not a big deal right? Wrong. The running shoes I got for Florida were a half size too big (thanks to the sales guy not listening to me and my last minute decision to get new shoes before an IM). So if I ran in sloppy running shoes with out socks then I was sure to get blisters. Waitresses + blisters = unhappy working environment. So I decided not to do the sprint today.

Andy and I were talking the other night, and we are so happy we moved and are starting a new life, but with living in a rental house (poopy), STILL waiting to hear about financing on the house we found (double crap), and trying to stay positive through it all; training and racing have really taken a back seat to pretty much everything. We feel really disconnected from our life. For me, I won't speak for Andy, being active and healthy means more to me than I thought. Maybe if I had an expensive Ironman out there looming in the future... Not sure. I thought MIM would be a good motivator. I have got to dig deep and find a reason to feel good about myself or I am going to be 200 lbs. the next time any of you see me ;-) Just kidding.

All I know is it is a beautiful day here in the dirty south and I can NOT seem to get my butt out there to run, bike, or swim! Grrrr.

Not sure if you all really wanted to hear me ramble on about my poor racing attitude, but thought this was the best way to get this off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Hope you all are having a better day.

Take care, Heather

No comments: