STRAVA

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Moving to Chattanooga...

We left Bloomington at 6:15 am on Tuesday morning. After dropping off Larry's truck at the airport, me, Dad, and Larry headed down to Chatta-vegas. We took 3.5 hour shifts. I started out in the Vue, Dad drove the big moving truck, and Larry rode shotgun for the first shift. Then Larry drove the truck, I rode shotgun, and Dad drove the Vue. On the last shift I took the wheel of the big moving truck, Dad was riding shotgun with me, and Larry was in the Vue. Heading up and down the mountain in the big moving truck was...interesting to say the least. I was really glad to have Dad there with me. We got to the house at about 4:45 pm Central time. So 10.5 hours in a big a#$ moving truck is pretty good, I think. It was still day light, thank goodness. We unloaded the Vue and got our suitcases out of the truck and grilled out. It was a really good drive and relaxing. It was awesome sharing the drive with my Dad and Larry.



The next day (yesterday) we unloaded the truck in record time. With all of us helping it went really fast. Andy, me, Dad, Kevin, and Larry got all the boxes out and put in the "right" place. We took a break and headed out to Mellow Mushroom for pizza and beers. After that, we got back to the house and unloaded most of the boxes we planned to unpack.



Last night we went to Andy's weekly poker night at the bike shop. Come to find out...I don't like playing poker. I was out in the 4th round. I wasn't too disappointed either. ;-) I thought it was boring and not a very fun way to give your friends your money. Andy did well. He got 2nd place. Hanging out in the bike shop was fun. Dad and I looked at all the bikes. We even took some out for a test ride. The Trek "Pure" was really cool cruiser/commuter bike.




This morning we took the Budget rental truck back. We got our $150 deposit back. It is good to have it done and all of our stuff in one place. Now all we have to do is find places for all of our things. I think the plan is to head downtown Chattanooga and check out the Delta Queen Steamboat on the Tennessee River and do some sight seeing. After that, balance the check book and clean the house :-P Gotta love all that dog hair!

I should have pictures of packing, moving, and living in Tennessee in the next post. Till then later taters, Heather

No comments: