STRAVA

Thursday, May 28, 2009

This is IT.

Our financing is A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D!
Yup. That's right folks. Andy and I are officially buying our first house! We close on June 3rd. With all the closing extensions we have had over the past 2 months, I still am holding my breath a little. On the other hand, our realtor and mortgage guy says it is a GO. So, for the next 5 days we will be hovering between elation and frustration.
It is so strange, I went on a run today because I am so tired of putting our lives on hold until we find out about the house. Not sure if that is what we have done, but it feels like that. I will speak for myself here, but I have been so preoccupied with THE HOUSE, I have not been able to relax. Not really truly relax. So I figured today, rain or shine I was going to go on a run. A nice easy relaxing run. No watches. No mile markers. Just running...running and praying. I prayed most of the run. I prayed for us and the house, for others, for guidance, & some other stuff.
I got back into the Trek Store and Tyler said, "So Wednesday is the big day, uh?" I had no clue what he was talking about and said so. He was really apologetic and sorry he spilled the beans. I said, "So we are closing next Wednesday? I don't care who tells me, as long as it's true! You better be telling the truth or I am gonna get you!" I have to admit, I think Tyler was a little scared ;-) I found Andy and he confirmed Tyler's babbling. Whew. I am really happy. Tyler is too.
We put an offer on the house at the beginning of April, and it was accepted on April 3rd. We are closing on June 3rd. Only 2 months of torture. It sure seemed a lot longer than that. I guess when you are in the mix of it, it is consuming and overwhelming. I am just so happy it is over and we can start to really unpack, decorate, landscape, and start making our first house our home.
Thank you to everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. I know it helped. Andy and I are very lucky to have such great friends and family. We can't wait for you all to come and visit. I may have to post a calendar of sorts, seems like we have become a popular vacation spot ;-) Thanks again. Talk to you all soon.
Heather
PS-If anyone applies for a rural development loan...give your self at least a month and a half for it to go through. ;-)

No comments: